The following outlines which general and personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, and how it will be stored and processed.
Please read it carefully!
Important! If you are under 16 years old you may not use this service without the explicit prior consent from your legal guardian to the following policy.
Data we collect from you
When you use and interact with our site we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on our site (for instance when you sign up) will be stored in our database.
- When you sign up on our platform we automatically create a user account for you and store your email address and a hash of the password you provide in our database. All information that you add in your profile or profile settings (e.g. name or date of birth) is also stored together with your account and can be easily updated in your user settings to keep it accurate.
- All data that you add in any part of the app (e.g. journal entries, dreams, gems, ideas, etc.) will be store in our database.
- If you contact us via phone, chat or email, we may keep a record of the correspondence.
- Information about the device which you use to access our page, including unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information.
Where we store your data
How we use your data
We will use your email address to communicate with you. If not specifically stated otherwise and given your explicit consent we do not share your email address with anyone, except if required by law. Communication with third party services outside of our page always goes through us.
If you decide to use the public profile feature, parts of your profile (e.g. username, profile picture, etc.) will be publicly visible on the internet together with the content that you decide to share.
When using our service while you are logged in we might collect data about how you use the service, e.g. how many entries you have made, how many ideas you have created, aso. We process this data to generate general statistics to improve our service and provide you with a better user experience.
Disclosure of information
We won't disclose any of your private information without your prior confirmation (unless required by law). Please note however that integrated third party services might very well do so. Please have a look at the 'Third party services' section below for more information.
Server log files
In order to monitor usage and problems of this site we store so-called server log files, which your browser transmits automatically while using the website. The collected information is generally not associated with personal data and or other data sources. However, there might be exceptions in the case of suspected misuse or illegal actions.
The collected information comprises:
- Brower type / version
- Operating system
- Referrer URL
- Hostname of the system executing requests
- Timestamps of requests
In order to delete cookies from your device, please refer to the documentation of your web browser.
Third party services
This page uses third party services from various providers (see below). Those services may also store cookies on your device and – given your explicit consent – collect, store, process and transmit general and personal data about you. We do not have any or just limited control over those services. Please refer to their websites for more information about their respective policies.
We use SendGrid to make email communication with you better and more reliable. SendGrid does not interact directly with your device and does not store any cookies, but automated emails (e.g. to confirm your account) and email campaigns (e.g. updates to this policy) we send to you are tracked and processed by SendGrid. By signing up and creating an account you agree to the use of SendGrid by us.
Changes to this policy
Any changes that we make to this policy in the future will be posted and logged here and, if you have a user account and the changes directly affect you, sent to you by email. Some changes might only affect you when you use certain features. You will be asked to consent to those changes at the time you start using those features.